Company Profile Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Department Profile Technology & Information Risk (TIR) is part of the Global Technology division and manages operational and technology related risks on behalf of the Firm. The group’s key principles are to provide proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management, to enable the execution of the Firms strategy.
Team Profile TIR’s mandate is to enable the Firm to manage its technology and data related risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices across the Firm to protect the franchise while capturing business opportunities. The TIR team partners with the business by ensuring that Technology understands how to manage, escalate and monitor risk.
- Produce management reports on a weekly and monthly basis
- Quantify the extent of risks through data analysis of environmental indicators
- Produce ad-hoc MI reporting by extracting, cleansing and analyzing data
- Quality assurance of management reporting, presentations and Business Intelligence tooling
- Proactively engage with stakeholders from all levels of the organisation Skills required
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject (e.g. Information Technology, Risk Management)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong data analysis skills with knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulae)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience of working with other Microsoft packages (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience of stakeholder engagement at different levels of an organisation
- Working knowledge of Technology applications and infrastructure (e.g. server, network, platform desktop environment) and how they are used in large organizationsSkills required (Desired)
- Technology risk / control qualifications
- Operational Risk knowledge with an ability to identify risks
- SQL Skills
- Experience of working with Business Intelligence tooling (e.g. Qlikview, Business Objects, Tableau)
- Experience of working in a large (financial) organisation
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
|Job Category||Analyst, Finance, Risk Management|