As a global leader in cash technology solutions, we provide the financial, retail, cash centre and gaming industries with confidence that their cash is protected and always working to help build a stronger business.
Our cash automation technologies and process engineering services help businesses in more than 100 countries optimise the handling, movement and management of cash. While we span the globe, we personally engage with each customer to address their unique challenges and goals — enhancing staff efficiency, reducing operating costs and enabling a more rewarding customer experience.
We offer peace of mind. We enable transformation. We generate options. We empower people. We do all this by releasing companies from the burden of cash management, putting cash to work, and helping customers enhance the value that their staff and facilities add to their business.
The Field Service Engineer operates directly in the designated field territory and services/maintains company equipment while forging good business relationships with our customers. Is responsible for the direct management of all aspects of total customer service and works independently to troubleshoot and repair a variety of high speed cash-handling equipment, tracking and management of parts/tools and staying abreast of changes in technical and functional elements of Glory Global Solutions equipment.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, repair and upgrade of equipment in the field and provides customer/internal training as required
- Investigates technical issues/warranty failures/ in field failures and can resolve issues by the most efficient and economical manner keeping Product Specialists and Service Management informed of ongoing actions/solutions.
- Liaises with local Service Centre/partners to receive/discuss work/schedule workload in the most efficient manner taking into consideration site location, priority and cost implications
- Plans and prioritises workload to achieve business aims and meet customer needs
- Effectively diagnoses system problems and provides solutions for repair while keeping customer apprised of progress especially during maintenance/downtime of a machine
- Documents system problems and preventative maintenance in customer site log
- Gathers and records machine information to monitor performance
- Completes machine installations, Engineering Change Notices (ECN) that affect system upgrades and hardware/software upgrades that may require technical assistance
- Make recommendations for improving service, reliability and performance of equipment
- Escalates difficult technical problems by seeking timely advice or assistance from technical support
- Establishes preventative maintenance schedules and implements according to company specifications
- Assigned other job responsibilities within of and to meet business demands
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in a similar customer facing environment working to achieve customer service levels.
- Must have a recognised engineering qualification with post qualification experience in a support role.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
To perform in the function successfully, individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Mechanically competent to a high standard
- Understands local Health and Safety regulations and works within company guidelines
- Effectively represents the Company whilst meeting the needs of the business partner; develops partner relationships through trust and performance
- Is flexible and can prioritise, plan and monitor own activity, performance and progress.
- Possesses first class customer service and communication skills; written and oral
- Logical skills and capability to isolate problems at PCB or component level
- Ability to effectively work with electric schematics, logic diagrams, and mechanical drawings
- Understanding of AC/DC power distribution and digital/analogue circuitry
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 Kilos without assistance; can sit and/or stand for long periods of time, as well as being able to frequently kneel, bend, squat, sit and twist
- Must be able to work at all customer sites as needed (such sites may include financial/banking institutions, casinos, truck stops, recreational parks, retail stores etc).
- Ability to work weekends and/or National Holidays on a rotational basis to accommodate business needs
- Occasional travel outside an assigned territory may be necessary for the proper performance of the role and to meet business needs
- Must be able to work autonomously and with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of personal computers especially Microsoft Office, navigation across network sites and email communication
- Holder of a clean Driver’s Licence
The Glory Spirits & Behaviours reflect the values and behaviours that are critical to the ongoing success of Glory and as such represent the foundations of our behaviour globally to lead us to realise our mission:
Value Creation – strive to create value for customers
Self-Starter – understand the objectives of your own work and are proactive in achieving goals
Collaboration – respect diversity and create a culture of collaboration to work with each other to achieve a common goal
Integrity – understand Glory’s mission and act with responsibility and pride to realise achievement and act and behave with high integrity and a strong sense of ethics
Own Growth – leverage our own talent and achieve personal development by adopting a broader perspective; looking beyond our own work.
Glory believes in equal opportunity for all qualified persons and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, colour, religion, marital status, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Third Party Agencies
Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted by Glory. Should an agency choose to send unsolicited resumes, Glory reserves the right to review such resumes but will not be held liable for any fees/charges associated with a candidate hire except where a formal written agreement is in place between Glory and the Agency to source candidates for a specific role.
|Job Category||Business Development, Data Management, Finance, Project Management|