Lucid is the world’s largest audience platform for sourcing and understanding real, deterministic data about human behavior at scale. The company has built the largest and most powerful programmatic survey exchange, and has enabled brands, agencies and partners to ask and answer more than 8 billion questions worldwide. With a pool of over 70 million respondents, Lucid delivers unprecedented access to consumers for data-driven decision making _ about everything from marketing to product development in real-time. Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans with offices in New York, London, Sydney, Gurgaon and Brazil (Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro).
The Data Engineer will be part of our development team and work closely with development team peers, Product Management team, and business and other support teams.
- Work with the team – Tech and Product Managers executing the product backlog, taking part of its creation and grooming, and understanding the stakeholders needs
- Adheres to the best practices of software engineering (testing, integration, clean design and concern separation) and helps improve those practices over time
- Collaborates with code reviews, architecture discussion and bug fixing
- Demonstrates code and product ownership in production
- Support the business teams and product managers in data extracts and data analysis
- Performs as a true agile team member and exhibits competencies in all layers of the application stack. Demonstrate proficiency in developing software for user interface, business logic, data modeling and systems and component integration
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- At least 5 years of hands-on software development experience in Python, Golang, Java, C++ or Scala
- Strong Object Oriented Programming skills
- Deep knowledge in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience with high volume and high performance applications dealing with large amounts of structured and unstructured data from multiple sources
- Highly proficient with relational and non-relational data storages
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- AWS experience with S3, RDS, Redshift, EMR, Kinesis, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk and Elasticsearch
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop and Hive on EMR and non-managed. Can build and run a basic cluster.
- Experience developing ETLs and running job schedulers (e.g. Airflow)
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with NoSQL data sources including Cassandra
- Experience with Kafka, Redis
- Experience creating Data Lakes
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
|Job Category||Business Development, Data Management, Design, Developer|