Job ID 33815BR Location London, United Kingdom;
The role will contribute significantly to the continuing development and implementation of a robust compliance programme for the UK based regulated entities, WFAM(I), ECM and WFSIL (the latter for its asset management business activities only) (together the ‘UK asset management business’), covering all relevant aspects of the business, working closely with US and Luxembourg compliance colleagues to ensure corporate and regulatory requirements are met. The individual will provide regulatory compliance advice, guidance and support as requested.
The main focus of the role will be supporting the EMEA Head of Asset Management Compliance with delivery of key identified process improvements and business and regulatory change projects and providing support to distribution and portfolio management focussed groups within the WFAM EMEA Compliance team.
The role will be located at Wells Fargo Asset Management offices at 1 Plantation Place, 30 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 3BD and 34 Grosvenor Street, London W1K 4QU. You will split your time between the two offices, as directed. From late 2018 /early 2019 all Wells Fargo Asset management UK staff will relocate to 33 King William Street.
In accordance with the Wells Fargo enterprise wide RCRMP, the role holder (in partnership with relevant internal partners as appropriate) will:
- Manage the delivery to deadline of key business process improvement projects arising in response to internal and external reviews, and participate in the implementation thereof.
- Assist with the project management and implementation of regulatory and business change projects.
- Provide material input to the overall design and development of the EMEA asset management business compliance program, covering all compliance aspects for FCA, SEC and other regulatory purposes particularly as they apply to portfolio management and trading and related elements of the business and their support functions.
- In conjunction with the EMEA Central Compliance team and the EMEA Head of Asset Management Compliance, ensure that there is a risk calibrated compliance programme, designed to support the UK asset management business, which is aligned to the Wells Fargo Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Policy “RCRMP”.
- Positively engage with key business, functional and investment team heads to establish a collaborative working relationship and understanding of the business and to develop and maintain a robust Wells Fargo compliance culture within the relevant line of business.
- Keep up to date with new projects and products that could affect the asset management business area and keep up to date with any regulatory changes, positioning the role as trusted advisor to the business.
- Partner with the Regulatory Developments team to keep abreast of FCA, SEC, European, and other relevant rules and regulation changes that may affect the business.
- Provide input to the creation or amendment of policies, procedures and processes relevant in accordance with new regulatory requirements and assess the effectiveness of the controls to ensure that regulatory requirements are met.
- Partner with the Line of Business Compliance Officers in the US in regard to SEC rules and regulations, and LoB policies procedures and common processes.
- Maintain and update internal risk systems (SHRP) in conjunction with the identified SHRP specialist.
- Assist the EMEA Head of Asset Management Compliance to provide reporting where relevant of relevant regulatory risks to the appropriate boards and management.
In addition to the responsibilities above, the team member is required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required, including those outside of the main focus areas.
Market Skills and Certifications
Subject matter expert/ knowledge of Asset Management products/services and risks associated.
- Educated to degree level.
- Strong understanding of FCA, PRA and European / US regulatory requirements and how these apply to UK asset management line of business.
- Hold industry qualification &/or post graduate qualification.
- Analytical skills – the candidate must be highly analytical with experience in collecting, analysing, and synthesizing information on various subjects
- Project management / implementation skills – the candidate will drive forward to completion multiple existing projects and regulatory change deliverables.
- Matrix management skills- demonstrated experience in an environment where management of regulatory requirements must be achieved in the context of the region, different jurisdictions, the line of business and multiple legal entities.
- Problem solving skills – the candidate must demonstrate the ability to identify key issues, and obtain appropriate information for further analysis, proffering alternative solutions aligned with the Wells Fargo approach.
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills – excellent interpersonal, communication (written and oral) skills are essential with an ability to liaise professionally and with diplomacy across all levels of staff.
- Teamwork skills – the candidate must be flexible in his/her work style and be able to work collaboratively with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels
- IT literate – including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and other reporting tools but also able to understand use of technology for improving the regulatory control environment.
- Unquestionable ethics
|Job Category||Compliance, Finance, Project Management|